Saturday, April 5, 2008

New blog about wine and whatever else comes to mind

Jenny and I drink a bottle of wine nearly every night with dinner. For a long while, we bought the first bottle we found under $10 with an attractive label at the grocery store; we drank them with a similar level of thoughtfulness, which is to say, not much.

This strategy yielded many mediocre bottles, but from time to time we'd run across a truly great bargain. Sadly, we'd inevitably forget about the great ones in a day or two, which proved terribly frustrating.

To remedy this problem, some months ago I resolved to take a photo of every bottle of wine I drank, and write a capsule review of it. This has forced me to really taste the wine I drink, and to learn about different grapes, regions, styles, etc.

As I told friends about this new strategy, I started emailing them my reviews. As of today the list of people I send my reviews to has become large enough that it's easier for me to simply start this blog, posting my reviews for all to see.

For now, this blog will primary play host to these mini-reviews of the wines I drink on a regular basis, but it is by no means limited to that topic, I plan to write about whatever strikes me as interesting from time to time.

Thanks for reading; I hope you find it interesting.

1 comment:

vengroff said...

I'm RSSed. Looking forward to your reports.